Home Mortgage Loans
How many purchases in life are more important than buying your own home? When it comes to such a big and personal decision, put your trust in the friendly mortgage lending team at your community bank. For two decades and counting, CBTFL has provided high quality financial products and personalized customer service to the people and businesses of Gainesville, Ocala, The Villages, and other North Central Florida communities.
How is working with a local lender different from national mortgage lenders? CBTFL is a Bauer Financial 5 Star Rated bank with expertise in local real estate markets. Our employees live and work in the same communities as you, so we have a nuanced understanding of what makes each neighborhood different and special in its own right.
As a locally-owned bank, CBTFL makes all lending decisions locally. We also offer competitive mortgage rates and the convenience of applying for your mortgage online. Of course, you can still visit your local CBTFL branch to complete an application in person if you prefer. Our friendly and professional customer service associates are ready to guide you through the home loan application process and answer any questions you have.
Find the best mortgage home loan product for you!
CBTFL is proud to offer a full range of home loans including government-backed mortgage loans from the FHA, VA, and USDA. Whether you want to buy your first or next home, finance the construction of a new home, or refinance an existing loan, we have something for every situation. Learn about your mortgage loan options to find one that best meets your needs.
- Fixed-Rate Loans: This is the most popular type of mortgage loan. With a fixed interest rate, you’ll make the same monthly payment over the life of the loan. (Fluctuation in your monthly payment may occur due to changes in your property taxes, insurance premiums, or HOA/Condo fees.)
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM): These home loans generally have an introductory fixed-rate period, after which the interest rate will change at predetermined times. When the interest rate on an ARM is subject to fluctuation, it can move up or down depending on the rate index your loan follows plus the margin specified in your mortgage documents. ARMs are also subject to limitations on periodic rate changes as well as lifetime caps on rate increases.
- Jumbo Loans: In Florida, any mortgage loan exceeding $453,100 will require a jumbo mortgage. The main differences between applying for a jumbo loan instead of a conforming mortgage include the number of appraisals required, minimum down payment, and personal financial requirements involving credit score, debt-to-income ratio, and available savings.
- Lot Loans: Often, the dream of buying a home starts with the thought of where to live. Sometimes the ideal house can’t be found—but a lot to build on is available, and it’s exactly where you want to start your new life. Community Bank & Trust of Florida can help you reach your dream of homeownership with a land loan. This is a short-term loan to help you purchase land to build your dream home on in the future
- Government-Guaranteed Mortgage Loans: CBTFL is a participating lender in government programs such as first-time homebuyers, veterans, or people living in rural areas, purchase homes. Contact us to learn more about your eligibility for an FHA, VA, or USDA loan.
Contact our mortgage lending team today!
Choosing the right mortgage product can be just as personal as selecting a home. A variety of factors will affect your decision, such as the length of time you plan to live in your house, when you expect to retire, how much of a down payment you have, and the range of monthly payments you can afford. Our friendly and experienced mortgage lenders can help you assess the options in order to make a decision that’s right for you.