Home Buying Tips
- Select a knowledgeable real estate professional or reputable builder to help you navigate through the process of identifying the perfect home for you.
- Know your budget; how much you spend on housing, utilities, entertainment, clothing, food and transportation.
- Organize your paperwork; paystubs, W-2 forms, tax returns, bank and investment statements.
- Obtain a credit report for your review. Credit reporting agencies must give you one free report annually.
- Get pre-qualified. It helps you shop for a home that fits your budget and shows sellers you are a serious buyer who can close on a home quickly.
- Learn as much as you can about the home buying process at www.hud.gov and www.federalreserve.gov/consumers.htm
- Let a Community Bank & Trust loan officer carefully explain the wide variety of mortgage options available.
- Obtain a written loan estimate to compare the real costs of your mortgage.