Personal trusts, including revocable living trusts, are a great way to manage and protect your assets now while effectively preparing to eventually transfer those assets to the people you care about in the future. It's a comprehensive asset management solution that can take care of your investing needs now while meeting current and future life and financial objectives.
Your personal trust can help you by:
- Giving you an investment management vehicle
- Managing your assets in the event of your incapacity
- Providing for disabled children, elderly relatives and other family members
- Managing assets for your family after your death
- Providing support for children and grandchildren under the terms you select
- Eventual distribution of assets to a younger generation in the manner you specify
- And many more services.
Choosing Your Trustee is an Important Decision
Since part of the role of a trustee is to handle complex administrative and investment tasks, naming a trustee with that kind of experience is critical. Acting as Trustee, Community Bank & Trust of Florida can efficiently handle duties such as:
- Collection of trust income
- Depositing income into an account of your choice
- Record keeping
- Preparation of statements
- Assisting with information on your income tax return
- Management the trust in accordance with the terms of the trust and fiduciary law
- Choosing strategic investments for you and/or your family
- And much more.
Successor Trustee Appointment
You may also choose to serve as your own trustee. If you do, you can appoint a corporate fiduciary that will take over trustee responsibilities upon incapacity or death, giving you peace-of-mind that your trust will also be managed effectively and without interruption. Some established irrevocable trusts also provide for the appointment of a successor corporate trustee by a majority of beneficiaries.
The first step toward protecting your assets and peace of mind is to meet with one of our Trust Officers to discuss your needs and objectives. Call our Trust Department located in our Ocala headquarters at 352-369-1000 to schedule a no-obligation appointment. Meetings can be arranged at any of our branch offices located in Ocala
and the Villages
|Investments are NOT FDIC insured; NOT deposits, obligations of, or guaranteed by any bank; and may lose value.