The Service provides an easy to use and secure way of receiving and paying your bills over the Internet. It makes your life easier by automating the tedious and repetitive task of paying bills by hand. Also, as the merchants you are paying become capable of delivering E-Bills through the Service, you will be able to start receiving those bills online. Once you begin using the Service, you will find that it is unique in the following ways:
No matter whom you want to pay - the local florist, a national department store, or your mortgage company - the Service can make all of your payments for you. While many of your payments will be made electronically, some payees, and of course individuals, cannot receive electronic payments. The Service will choose one of three payment methods to process your payments. Which method we use will depend upon many variables; however, all transactions processed through the Service will be itemized on your monthly bank statement or financial statement.
- Convenient - You can pay anyone, anytime, anywhere in the U.S., from your mortgage company to your newspaper carrier.
- Timely - You can schedule payments up to one year in advance, so you don't have to remember when to "mail" them. Plus, you can schedule recurring payments (such as a car loan, rent or mortgage payment, and insurance premiums) to be paid automatically and continuously on the schedule you specify.
- Secure - A secure connection is established between your browser and the Processing Center. Everything that is transmitted is encrypted using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- Cost-effective - The Service reduces paper use and saves check printing costs, stamp and envelope expenses, and most of all, your time!
- Environmentally conscious - Saves paper through the use of electronic funds transfer (EFT) and recycled paper.
- Supported - The Service is fully supported. If you need assistance, our Customer Care experts are ready to assist you.
* Cost of a first-class stamp. Does not include cost of envelopes or checks.
** Source: CheckFree Annual Consumer Survey